Student Resources

  • What programs are available for students learning English as a second language?
    We support English learners through a variety of language services. In elementary, Bilingual Transitional Early Exit or Dual Language program are available for Spanish speakers. The Early Exit program aims to develop proficiency in English, while Dual-Language is for proficiency in Spanish and English. For non-Spanish speakers, we offer Content-Based ESL. At the secondary level, we offer primarily ESL in a Pull-Out situation where certified teachers in language acquisition skills work with students who have a primary language other than English. We also offer a continuation of Dual-Language in some secondary schools for students who participated in elementary.

    How do I learn about an Individualized Education Plan for my child?
    Every student who receives special education and related services must have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP). Please contact your child’s school to meet with the appropriate staff member for questions or contact the Irving ISD special education department at 972-600-5071.

    How can my student stay on track to graduate or make-up credits?
    Irving ISD has several programs designed to help students stay on track to graduate or to make up credits. Please contact your school counselor for information about our programs so that he/she may best guide your student toward graduation.

    Comments (-1)