1200 E. Union Bower Road
Irving, TX 75061
Working interdependently within a safe learning environment to ensure growth for every child because WE ARE THE GREATER GOOD!
At John R. Good Elementary our mission is to create a community that is Prepared, Respectful, demonstrates Integrity and Diligence, and strives for Excellence. (PRIDE)
Where Our Future Begins!
¡Donde comienza nuestro futuro!
History of Good Elementary School
John R. Good Elementary School has been a part of Irving since 1959. The school was named after a generous man, John Roland Good, who donated the land for our school. In 1960, Good began while under construction with Mr. Arthur Casey serving as the first principal. Mr. Casey was actually the principal here and at a nearby school. According to Mr. Casey, there were three hundred students when the school began with ten teachers and one secretary. The school had ten rooms of students in first grade through sixth grade.
Contributing Editors: Alexandria, Gabrielle, Paige, Ashlyne, Yennifer, and Miss Key