All staff will be trained on how to report suspected Child Abuse and Maltreatment.
The Texas 83rd Legislative Session Passed SB 939 that stresses the importance of reporting Child Abuse.Child Abuse includes:
- Physical Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
Report as soon as possible, but no later than 48 hours after first suspecting maltreatment.
- Bruises heal, physical evidence disappears
- Memories fade and people change their minds about what to say to CPS
Reporting website: www.txabusehotline.org
- First time users must create a user account
- Reports made via the website take up to 24 hours to process
Texas Abuse Hotline of the Family and Protective Services: 800-252-5400
Use Hotline if you:
- Believe your situation requires action in less than 24 hours.
- Prefer to remain anonymous.
- Have insufficient data to complete the required information on the report.
You can also contact: Irving PD Domestic Violence Unit: 972.721.6560