December 2018: Fettuccine with Basil Cream Sauce
Presented by Victoria Cardoza and Daquarius Thomas, culinary students at Singley Academy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz. dried fettuccine pasta
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine, in salted boiling water, about 8 minutes or until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil and butter in large saucepan.
- Add garlic and saute for about one minute.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, and basil. Simmer over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in heavy cream, salt and pepper. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Pour basil cream sauce over fettuccine, serve immediately.